I love, love, love when my amigas get air time on major media outlets such as The Today Show.
Just yesterday Ana Flores of SpanglishBaby.com, who recently co-wrote the book Bilingual is Better with fellow bilingual mom Roxana Soto, was featured on The Today Show talking with Natalie Morales about raising bilingual children. Listen in – ¡mira!
Way to go Ana – Way to go bilingual babies – Way to go mis amigas at SpanglishBaby.com!!!
Here are some of the many benefits derived from learning more than one language:
- Children learning two languages at the same time most often become early readers.
- Children learning more than one language ends up scoring higher on standardized tests’ Math and Verbal sections.
- Bilingual children are able to block out outside stimuli and concentrate better.
- Children learning more than one language experience advanced cognitive development – a boost in brain power.
- Increased problem solving skills and advanced communication skills are enjoyed by most bilingual children.
Happy Educating! ¡Sea feliz educando!